Re: Component sizing...

> * The advisability of scroll bars within an embedded component is
> extraordinarily questionable, it would seem that this confuses me more
> than it helps. Since there is no way the component can render a larger
> area than it displays ( WYSIWYG ), the exact point of the scroll bars is
> merely to position a viewport, and the number of degrees of freedom are
> rather annoying.

[snip]
> Hmm; just sounding off I suppose, anyone want a fight ?

Well, I see a definite purpose for scrollbars in embedded components.  For
example, in our achtung slide component, when the view is activated, we put
scrollbars and rulers on so that the canvas can be zoomed and manipulated
while editing.  When the view is inactive, it is a simple canvas zoomed to a
full page view of the slide with no scrollbars or rulers.

I agree that size negotiation needs to be addressed.  I'm in the process of
adding a Slide::GetAspectRatio interface through IDL so that the container
can allocate a viewport appropriate for the particular pagesize of the slide
it wants to embed.  Having a stock interface like this in bonobo would've
come in handy.

Mike