Re: GCM 3.2

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient gmail com> wrote:
> On 9 October 2011 17:43, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
>> - The profile viewer is awesome (gcm-viewer) (really really awesome).
>> - The new option in gcm-calibrate are great too (white point etc).
>> - The documentation/help file is pretty nice too. Explaining stuff to new users.
>
> Cool, yell if you think there's something missing.
>
>> It's awesome see the leaps and bounds GCM has made, while being "gone"
>> for little more than half a year.
>
> :)
>
> On 9 October 2011 17:49, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
>> GCM 3.2.0 on Ubuntu doesn't see my Munki (the calibrate button doesn't
>> light up (it does for my Huey)). It has the following ID:
>
> Bugger, I did all my QE checking with the Huey. I've dug out my CM,
> and fixed things up with this commit to colord:
>
> commit 07cbcd479066998e70e9f45b330672458555bb5d
> Author: Richard Hughes <richard hughsie com>
> Date:   Mon Oct 10 11:31:25 2011 +0100
>
>    Ensure non-native device are added with no driver module installed
>
>    This makes all colorimeter device that are not Hueys work.
>
> Basically, the CM has no native driver in colord, but we can still use
> it with argyllcms. There's a new colord release in about 3 weeks, but
> the patch makes a lot of sense for the distros too.

So I upgraded to:
colord                                        0.1.13+4~g07cbcd4

And the ColorMunki did get detected again.

> On 9 October 2011 18:44, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
>> When trying to calibrate my laptop display with my Huey gcm-calibrate
>> seems to crash. I've attached the console messages.
>> If you need anything more please let me know.
>
> Can you get a better backtrace please? Ideally installing the debug
> files and then using gdb "bt" to get the backtrace. Thanks dude,

So I upgraded to:
gnome-color-manager                           3.2.0+6~g3a700f9

And it didn't crash anymore and profiling went as expected. I did
notice it still used Argyll, I assume this should still be considered
normal?

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn