Re: GCM 3.2

On 9 October 2011 17:43, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
> - The profile viewer is awesome (gcm-viewer) (really really awesome).
> - The new option in gcm-calibrate are great too (white point etc).
> - The documentation/help file is pretty nice too. Explaining stuff to new users.

Cool, yell if you think there's something missing.

> It's awesome see the leaps and bounds GCM has made, while being "gone"
> for little more than half a year.

:)

On 9 October 2011 17:49, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
> GCM 3.2.0 on Ubuntu doesn't see my Munki (the calibrate button doesn't
> light up (it does for my Huey)). It has the following ID:

Bugger, I did all my QE checking with the Huey. I've dug out my CM,
and fixed things up with this commit to colord:

commit 07cbcd479066998e70e9f45b330672458555bb5d
Author: Richard Hughes <richard hughsie com>
Date:   Mon Oct 10 11:31:25 2011 +0100

    Ensure non-native device are added with no driver module installed

    This makes all colorimeter device that are not Hueys work.

Basically, the CM has no native driver in colord, but we can still use
it with argyllcms. There's a new colord release in about 3 weeks, but
the patch makes a lot of sense for the distros too.

On 9 October 2011 18:44, Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn pcode nl> wrote:
> When trying to calibrate my laptop display with my Huey gcm-calibrate
> seems to crash. I've attached the console messages.
> If you need anything more please let me know.

Can you get a better backtrace please? Ideally installing the debug
files and then using gdb "bt" to get the backtrace. Thanks dude,

Richard.