Re: Bluish.icc

On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 14:43 +0100, Anders Brander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 13:12 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > 2009/11/11 Frederic Crozat <fred crozat net>:
> > > I don't the license of those images are compatible with free software
> > > but creating similar images would be useful.
> > > WDYT ?
> >
> > I think it's a good idea, although the licence would have to be
> > CC_BY_SA or something like that to be allowed in gcm. Can anybody find
> > suitably licensed example photographs? We also want the gamma checker
> > images, but alas, these have to be free too.
>
> I'm not sure what is meant here. If we need an image to test whether an
> ICC profile is respected, one could create an image with swapped
> red/green channels - and then embed a ICC-profile undoing that. It would
> be obvious if the profile is respected or not when viewing the image.

We can have two purposes for the image:

1. See if the profile is loaded properly at all
2. See if the profile is in the right ballpark (regarding accuracy)

While the following image surely isn't CC licensed, something similar to
this would be just perfect:

  http://www.smugmug.com/help/calibration-1400.mg

--
http://blog.pcode.nl/