Re: Power to create new Bugzilla products

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 11:20:22PM +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 22.08.2010, 21:50 +0200 schrieb Olav Vitters:
> > As a first step I've set you both as maintainers. Still have to write
> > down how to create products. Couldn't find the standard text on
> > live.gnome.org, so perhaps need to add something new. Noticed
> > live.gnome.org/BugzillaMaintainers, will add something there.
>
> I'd like to get things a bit more transparent, hence proposing:
>
> On http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/, under "Useful resources" I'd like to
> add a section called "Bugzilla Maintainers / Administration" and link to
> http://live.gnome.org/BugzillaMaintainers .

This seems totally sane, so you could've already done this. If sane,
just mention afterwards. Especially in cases where we have revision
control.

> On http://live.gnome.org/BugzillaMaintainers I'd set up two sections:
>
> 1) Contacting the Bugzilla maintainers
> List the stuff that is already on the EmailFAQ subpage, plus:
>       * Requests (e.g. module maintainers that want to see their module
>         added to Bugzilla, or users that want to see two Bugzilla
>         accounts merged) should be reported in Bugzilla itself at
>         [https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=bugzilla.gnome.org]

This bit is already documented somewhere. In some 'for maintainers'
page. So best to check where that info currently is. Don't care where it
is, as long as everything links to the same thing so the information
only needs updating in one page.

>       * In most cases you want to contact the GNOME Bugsquad via
>         [mailing list] or [IRC]. If you are sure that you need to
>         contact the GNOME Bugzilla maintainers please send an email to
>         bugmaster at gnome dot org.

Sounds good, though I prefer people filing bugs before emailing. Emails
get lost. Bugs can be overlooked, but way harder to forget.

> 2) Info for Bugzilla maintainers
> List the current links on http://live.gnome.org/BugzillaMaintainers
> (except for EmailFAQ), plus
>       * Guidelines for creating new products (TODO: nazgul/bkor?)

Ideally nazgul to document, though I'll probably do that (as mentioned
in another email).

>       * GNOME Bugzilla Extensions Code
>         [https://launchpad.net/bugzilla.gnome.org].		TODO: What does
>         that mean for bugzilla-newer in Gnome Git?

There is no git archive that I am aware of. There is a bug requesting
such an archive (I don't involve myself with Git). bugzilla-newer and
bugzilla.gnome.org in GNOME git should be archived.

--
Regards,
Olav