Re: Power to create new Bugzilla products

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 10:21:49PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 07:36:14PM +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
> > Bonjour,

> > > I offer my help.
> > So do I.
> > I'd also appreciate kind of a documentation that states what needs to be
> > done in order to create a product correctly.
>
> nazgul seems to be a bit busy. I you remind me I'll try and write up
> what he does (he uses also some standard text which is somewhere on the
> wiki IIRC).

As a first step I've set you both as maintainers. Still have to write
down how to create products. Couldn't find the standard text on
live.gnome.org, so perhaps need to add something new. Noticed
live.gnome.org/BugzillaMaintainers, will add something there.

Next: Could you please both create a launchpad.net account? The code is
on launchpad.net/bugzilla.gnome.org.

Christian: I noticed you aren't set as bugzilla.gnome.org maintainer on
launchpad.net as well. Could you please create or advise your account
there?

Regarding privacy: As bugzilla maintainer you'll be able to see comments
and attachments marked as private. Some of these have been marked
private due to privacy. Perhaps a good idea to actually remove the
attachments with high privacy implications (credit card numbers and so
on). There is a Parameter setting to allow deletion of attachments,
please disable the setting after deleting the attachments (safety
measure).

Another thing:
bugmaster gnome org actually goes to:

I forgot the list password. Either I can ask Elijah, search my old
emails, or reset it. Anyway, please subscribe for now.

Last thing, please go to all the options under 'Administration' at the
top of the page and make yourself familiar. GNOME bugzilla has a few
specific things.

After everything is setup (more should be done), you'll be bugzilla
maintainers. Do whatever you think makes sense. Please notify others
when needed (thinking of: bugmaster gnome org, gnome-bugsquad gnome org,
or even devel-announe-list gnome org). This depending on whom should be
informed. Still have to write down and explain more, but as long we
inform eachother stuff is fine.

--
Regards,
Olav