Re: GStreamer per component virtual users

On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Andre Klapper<ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 06.06.2009, 16:23 +0200 schrieb Filippo Argiolas:
>>  How would it prevent anyone to
>> reassign the bug to another user (themself or someone else)?
>
> If you want to use both Assignee *and* QA address for watching those
> "users" you will lose watching when someone assigns a bug yo himselves
> (and hence removes the default assignee from the bug).

Well I could say that this would be the expected behavior: if someone
assigns a bug to himself he's going to take care of it until it's
resolved so there is no reason for the others to keep watching it and
they can just CC themselves if still interested.

Anyway, let me summarize the choices we have as I understood:
1. Create a virtual user for each component, set it as default
assignee and leave the mailing list as default QA contact.
This will allow to watch both single components (with virtual users)
and the whole product at once (with the mailing list) but it will have
that little downside discussed above.
2. Create a virtual user for each component, set it both as default
assignee and QA contact.
This will allow to watch single components but there won't be any way
to watch the whole product. It wouldn't have though that downside.
3. Leave as it is now with no chance to follow single components.

If you can confirm I'm not missing anything I'll contact the other
gstreamer hackers to see how we want to proceed.
Thanks,

Filippo