Re: Patch status for a non-developer

Am Mittwoch, den 30.07.2008, 07:51 -0400 schrieb Andrew Conkling:
> Patchsquad or not, how is my review work to be presented to the
> developers? You mention IRC which a) I rarely use and b) doesn't
> really suit the task, IMO (I'd likely be around when the main
> developers aren't, at least for Banshee). I was really wondering about
> Bugzilla-specific methods. Are there any? Should I send around a
> "patch summary" via email to the project's mailing list?

We don't have a patch status flag for this, but as GNOME Bugzilla patch
status flags is already heavily patched it may be an option to have
something like "tested-and-works". However I don't see a huge difference
to other existing statuses, and we already have a lot of them
(commit-now, commit-after-freeze, or "reviewed" which means nothing to
me at all).
Plain bugzilla only has "none", "reviewed-" and "reviewed+" IIRC.
OK, I'm getting off-topic here. Summary: Before adding a new patch
status let's clean up the existing ones, e.g. "reviewed".

Currently I would prefer a summary mail.

Just my 2 cents (maybe i should have spent them for another part of that
greasy breakfast pizza instead),

andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed