Patch status for a non-developer

I'm trying to coordinate with the developers of Banshee, but I suppose this is a good general question:

For a non-developer (like me) interested in contributing to bugs and the inevitable patches, is there a status I can slap on a patch to say, "I've checked this out and, at the very least, it does what it says it does [but I can't speak to its elegance, style, or other code-specific things]"?

Any advice would be most appreciated; reviewing patches is, at least for Banshee, a common bottleneck and can be frustrating for developers and contributors.

Cheers,
Andrew Conkling