Re: Patch status for a non-developer

[I missed to include the list in the To: field, sorry]

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 09:31 -0400, Andrew Conkling wrote:

> A more pointed question: What's the "reviewed" patch status, as
> opposed to accepted/needs-work? That would seem to be a good "holding
> pattern" for a patch until a developer gets around to taking a look.
> Any reason that couldn't work?

One reason could be that if you set the patch to "reviewed", you won't
be able to find it from the bugzilla main page for the product.
I think the "reviewed" keyword should be used either when you reviewed
it and it looks fine but you aren't in the power to set it as "accepted"
or, if you're the maintainer, the patch looks fine but you want to fix
the bug using another approach.

Cheers,

--
Cosimo