Re: Patch status for a non-developer

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Am Mittwoch, den 30.07.2008, 07:51 -0400 schrieb Andrew Conkling:
> Patchsquad or not, how is my review work to be presented to the
> developers? You mention IRC which a) I rarely use and b) doesn't
> really suit the task, IMO (I'd likely be around when the main
> developers aren't, at least for Banshee). I was really wondering about
> Bugzilla-specific methods. Are there any? Should I send around a
> "patch summary" via email to the project's mailing list?

We don't have a patch status flag for this, but as GNOME Bugzilla patch
status flags is already heavily patched it may be an option to have
something like "tested-and-works". However I don't see a huge difference
to other existing statuses, and we already have a lot of them
(commit-now, commit-after-freeze, or "reviewed" which means nothing to
me at all).
Plain bugzilla only has "none", "reviewed-" and "reviewed+" IIRC.
OK, I'm getting off-topic here. Summary: Before adding a new patch
status let's clean up the existing ones, e.g. "reviewed".

Yeah, "reviewed" would work quite well for me. If it doesn't mean much to you, I'm assuming that'd apply in general for b.g.o. Could I use that for my described use?

Also, maybe we could get a description of those patch statuses somewhere on the site? Should I file a bug against b.g.o itself?

Cheers,
Andrew