Re: Policy proposal: Dropping 2.16 reports

Le mardi 18 septembre 2007, à 14:06 +0200, Geert Stappers a écrit :
> Op 18-09-2007 om 13:11 schreef Vincent Untz:
> > Le mardi 18 septembre 2007, à 12:46 +0200, Geert Stappers a écrit :
> > > Please allow support for 'oldstable' and even 'oldoldstable'.
> > >
> > > And please read 'allow' as "do not drop"
> >
> > What do you mean, when you say "support"?
>
> Providing infrastructure.
>
> So if we have the manpower, the work can be done.
>
> In other words:
>  Understand that maintainers have a different point of view
>  then the developers have.

The thing is: if you have 500 crashers open for 2.14 and that never
happened in 2.16/18/20, it'll only make the life harder for people using
bugzilla. And life on bugzilla is already hard.

And really, this is not related to the original proposal here which was,
iirc, dropping old incomplete crasher reports. In my experience, you
receive 99.99% of the crasher bugs during the first six months anyway.
So continuing to receive them after one year doesn't really help since
they were already known.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.