Re: clearer bugzilla stock responses. shorter ways.

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 20:58 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
[snip]
> perhaps combining it to something like this?:
> 'However, you are using an old version, which Gnome developers are no
> longer working on, so unfortunately there will not be any bug fixes
> for
> the version that you use.'
[snip]

That's just giving the user bad news and letting him think he's stuck
with it. Maybe we could add something like:
"By upgrading to a newer version of GNOME you could receive bugfixes and
new functionality. You may need to upgrade your Linux distribution to
obtain a newer version of GNOME."

Also, I'd prefer to change
"However, you are using an old version"
"However, you are using a version that is too old" or similar,
so we don't encourage people (journalists) to say "Look, as soon as
they've shipped it, they stop supporting it. This why open source yadda
yadda yadda wrong."

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com