Re: clearer bugzilla stock responses. shorter ways.

hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 11.10.2006, 17:18 +0100 schrieb Joachim Noreiko:
> --- Elijah Newren <newren gmail com> wrote:
> > On 10/10/06, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
> > > i'd also change the "obsolete" response from
> > > "However, the version you are using is no longer maintained." to
> > > something like
> > > "However, the version you are using is no longer maintained, so
> > > there will not be any bug fixes for the version that > you use."
> > > 'maintained' sounds abstract, let's tell the user
> > > about the results.
>
> > Given that you were trying to make the wording
> > softer/nicer on some of
> > the other responses, this sounds a bit more harsh.
> > I'm fine with it,
> > but just thought I'd point it out in case you wanted
> > to refine it.
>
> Yes, I thought that too.
> How about something like:
> 'However, you are using an old version, which Gnome
> developers are no longer working on.'

hmm, interesting.
yepp, i generally want the stock responses to become less harsh, but i
also really want to make sure that the user understands the outcome of
using such an ancient version - no maintaining, no fixes, no progress.
nothing. at least that's how i have understood the meaning of "obsolete"
so far. :-)

perhaps combining it to something like this?:
'However, you are using an old version, which Gnome developers are no
longer working on, so unfortunately there will not be any bug fixes for
the version that you use.'

thanks a lot for the feedback so far, i'm happy to see discussion on
this.

andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!