Re: New GNOME2 bug submission page- still needs a lot of love :)

Luis Villa wrote:

> This is still clearly in the unexpected category, and we /do/ have back
> and forward buttons in browsers for a reason.

Yes, but that reason has nothing to do with web apps.  Back and Forward
buttons were invented for browsing information spaces, they were around
long before web apps were dreamed up...

If you wanted to make it less unexpected, you could just say so in the
text ("this will open a new browser window"), or come up with a little
icon to use beside links that open a new window (I wish the W3C would
come up with one of these, and for links to external sites...)

Anyway, cc'ing some of the other Sun HCI bods to see if they have any
better ideas...

> That's just a function of your default column setup for the query list;
> I'm pretty sure 'my bugs' does not set any defaults so it is up to what
> you've chosen as the defaults.

Hmm... well, like I said, it looks just fine in NS4.x-- and if those are
the defaults, somebody needs to come up with better ones :)   Where do I
change them, in my account preferences?

> As an aside, your browser window is what, 6 pixels wide? :)

Nope-- and since you've trimmed the cc's, I've attached a screenshot to
prove it  :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

PNG image