Re: New GNOME2 bug submission page- still needs a lot of love :)

Trimming cc:s.
On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 09:16, Calum Benson wrote:
> > > "List of recently reported bugs"-- might be nicer if these opened in a
> > > separate browser window so the user didn't have to keep finding their
> > > way back to this page (but if you do this, make sure the popup doesn't
> > > directly overlay the existing window, so the user knows what's happened
> > > and doesn't wonder why their Back button has suddenly stopped working).
> >
> > Eck. I will not use popups, period. But I'll happily take other
> > suggestions :)
>
> Well, IMHO they're only evil when they're unexpected (Buy Me Now!) or
> unnoticed.  I would have suggested putting the supplementary information
> (which is basically online help for your web app, and you wouldn't
> complain about having online help for any other app in a popup) in a
> frame or something, but frames are a lot more evil :)

This is still clearly in the unexpected category, and we /do/ have back
and forward buttons in browsers for a reason.

> > > The list of bugs when you select "my bugs" is nastily formatted-- the
> > > most important column (Summary) is given the least amount of space, and
> > > "Owner" seems to take up half the page.  Never noticed this happening in
> > > NS4.7x, guess it must be a Mozilla thing.
> >
> > ?
>
> Basically it looks like this, which is kind of sucky:
>
> ID    Sev Pri Owner                          State Result   Summary
> 53544 nor Nor gtk-bugs gtk org               NEW            KEYNAV:
> GtkMenu,

That's just a function of your default column setup for the query list;
I'm pretty sure 'my bugs' does not set any defaults so it is up to what
you've chosen as the defaults.

As an aside, your browser window is what, 6 pixels wide? :)