Re: New to List

Nico,

Thank you for checking out my videos.  I plan on making another set on Monday to show the software in action with one of the users.

The Grid 2 is very expensive for folks that are disabled, but it is a wonderful solution.  Each one of those "Grids" can be modified on the fly to rearrange characters/settings.  There are multiple keyboard layouts, and even activity specific "Grids" that are designed to execute various task specific actions.

For example there is a "Internet" Grid that has single buttons to select the address bar (alt + d), back, forward, etc.  There are also verbal communication specific Grids that are designed to allow a non-verbal individual elucidate to others via text-to-speech what they want to say.

My specific goal to start with is to get even just a single "Grid" that is an on-screen keyboard with the addition of mouse controls (like where the numpad would go) that could be actuated by the click of a single, uncommonly used key on the keyboard.  From there, an interface could be made from the guts of a keyboard to create a single switch that presses this key.

I like the idea of changing the layout of the keys, but in the interest of getting something moving, it sounds like Caribou may have some of that switching/scanning functionality buried within it (maybe as a carry over from GOK?).

Either way I want to get something going for the folks with physical/cognitive disabilities and have a huge "test" group of people who would love to help as well.  I have some computer knowledge and have successfully created a switch interface using a keyboard, but I lack the programming skills necessary to get something like this started.

Thanks!
~Will