Re: [g-a-devel] New to List

Hi Will,

Following your lead, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Brian, I'm also interested in getting involved with the GNOME accessibility team. I've been monitoring the GNOME developers and Orca list for a little while now and figure this is as good a time as any to jump in.

I work doing accessibility testing primarily, but want to start writing and contributing to something larger. I have some experience writing python, and a desire to learn C, but haven't ever contributed to a Free Software project before. If anyone has any guidance on how best to help out, that'd be great.

Also, do the GNOME Accessibility Team meetings still happen every Thursday? I haven't seen minutes up on the site for the past month or so.

Thanks,
Brian

On 2015-05-29 05:29, William Best wrote:

Hello,

My name is William Best.  I am not sure if this is the right group to join
for how I would like to contribute.

My passion/career involves helping people with developmental disabilities
get better access to technology.  Over the past year or so, I have been
experimenting with different Linux distributions to come up with a
low-cost, stable, and robust solution for the disabled people I work with.

My goal is to help get features/apps that would help disabled people access
technology in a better way.

Let me know if I am in the right group for this.

Thanks!