Re: GTK3: Adding accessible-label to an image button

On 10/22/2013 07:49 PM, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,

Hi, some guesses/comments inline below:

Now I am trying to understand how to add an accessible label to a
button with an icon instead of a label. My aim is to make the button
label invisible, show the icon and set only the accessible-label
property.

First I have tryed adding an accessible child to the button as follows
however this is still in accessible to orca:

              <object class="GtkToolButton" id="play-button">
                                          ^^^^

As far as I see, you are using a GtkToolButton but not a GtkButton.
Looking at the documentation [1], a tool buttton is a widget that
contains the button. In any case ...

                <property name="use_action_appearance">False</property>
                <property name="related_action">play-action</property>
                <property name="visible">True</property>
                <property name="can_focus">False</property>
... you are setting can_focus on this widget as False. Usually, when you
navigate through an application, Orca exposes the name of the widget
when that widget get the focus. So if in this case, the widget doesn't
get the focus, it doesn't matter if it have a proper name.

One thing that I would try is set can_focus to true.

Unfortunatelly while testing both the examples with orca the button is
not accessible. Can you please explain the issue to me and / or point
me to where I can study why this is failing for me?

Did you find those issues while working with a specific application or
are you creating a small test example?

BR

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/3.10/GtkToolButton.html

--