GTK3: Adding accessible-label to an image button

Hello,
Now I am trying to understand how to add an accessible label to a button with an icon instead of a label. My aim is to make the button label invisible, show the icon and set only the accessible-label property.

First I have tryed adding an accessible child to the button as follows however this is still in accessible to orca:

              <object class="GtkToolButton" id="play-button">
                <property name="use_action_appearance">False</property>
                <property name="related_action">play-action</property>
                <property name="visible">True</property>
                <property name="can_focus">False</property>
                <property name="icon_widget">play-image</property>
                <child internal-child="accessible">
                  <object class="AtkObject" id="play-button-atkobject">
<property name="AtkObject::accessible-name" translatable="yes">Play</property>
                  </object>
                </child>
              </object>

Second I have tried adding accessible child to the image like this however this is still inaccessible while using orca:

              <object class="GtkToolButton" id="play-button">
                <property name="use_action_appearance">False</property>
                <property name="related_action">play-action</property>
                <property name="visible">True</property>
                <property name="can_focus">False</property>
                <property name="icon_widget">play-image</property>
              </object>

and somewhere else where the image is found in the definitions...

  <object class="GtkImage" id="play-image">
    <property name="visible">True</property>
    <property name="can_focus">False</property>
    <property name="icon_name">media-playback-start-symbolic</property>
    <child internal-child="accessible">
      <object class="AtkObject" id="play-image-atkobject">
<property name="AtkObject::accessible-name" translatable="yes" context="Media controls">Play</property>
      </object>
    </child>
  </object>

Unfortunatelly while testing both the examples with orca the button is not accessible. Can you please explain the issue to me and / or point me to where I can study why this is failing for me?

Greetings

Peter