Re: An Intriguing Experiment Involving a Wax Cylinder Recording of

You can try using gnome wave cleaner, but it is not verry accessible.
It might actually do the job for you.
Regards, Willem

On Tue, 19 Jun 2012, RiverWind wrote:

Mark Twain

Hey There,

I happen to have an audio-file of a recording that was made of
Mark Twain delivering what seems to be some sort of a lecture or
discourse back in 1905. Actually it is a short excerpt. The
recording of course was made on a wax cylinder. Unlike many such
recordings, there unfortunately is a very loud background noise
that is more-or-less similar to those old fashioned film
projectors. The noise consists of a very loud and constant
clicking that nearly drowns out the speaker's voice.

I am wondering if it is technically possible to eliminate this
sound interference and get a better recording of Twain's voice.
If anyone is interested in both helping me and hence being able
to hear what the great author had to say, I would be more than
happy to share the file with them, which incidently is in "mp3"
format. What I am wanting to accomplish might not even be
possible, but my knowledge of sound modification and/or
manipulation and the like is limited in the extreme.

The file tends to give the listener a personal glimpse of the man
himself, and I for one have been an avid admirer of Mark Twain
ever since the age of nine. If possible, this might turn out to
be a well worthwhile experiment, provided anyone is interested in
trying it.

cheerio,
Riv

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/