An Intriguing Experiment Involving a Wax Cylinder Recording of

Mark Twain

Hey There,

I happen to have an audio-file of a recording that was made of
Mark Twain delivering what seems to be some sort of a lecture or
discourse back in 1905. Actually it is a short excerpt. The
recording of course was made on a wax cylinder. Unlike many such
recordings, there unfortunately is a very loud background noise
that is more-or-less similar to those old fashioned film
projectors. The noise consists of a very loud and constant
clicking that nearly drowns out the speaker's voice.

I am wondering if it is technically possible to eliminate this
sound interference and get a better recording of Twain's voice.
If anyone is interested in both helping me and hence being able
to hear what the great author had to say, I would be more than
happy to share the file with them, which incidently is in "mp3"
format. What I am wanting to accomplish might not even be
possible, but my knowledge of sound modification and/or
manipulation and the like is limited in the extreme.

The file tends to give the listener a personal glimpse of the man
himself, and I for one have been an avid admirer of Mark Twain
ever since the age of nine. If possible, this might turn out to
be a well worthwhile experiment, provided anyone is interested in
trying it.

cheerio,
Riv

Feel free to visit my website and my blog and learn more about me
and what I stand for.
My Website @ http://riverwind.shellworld.net
My Blog http://windraven13.livejournal.com/