Re: Can the community work with Gnome to improve GTK+ a11y?

Hey Robert, all.

> I guess that what I am trying to say is that the greyed out menus are
> not so much a problem for sighted users, as they are able to see what
> options are available to them in a specific program. Blind individuals
> who primarily use screen readers, however, are kind of at a loss because
> they may be looking for a certain feature but would not know of its
> existence, especially if they are completely new to using a particular
> program.

Based on what you, Halim, and Bill have stated it sounds like an RFE
should be filed in bugzilla against Gtk requesting a change in how this
widget behaves. And then engage the Gtk community to hopefully find a
resolution that works for everyone.

> I'm sorry for the rambling.

Why? I do it all the time. <grins>

> Thanks for reading, and I apologize if I should have just kept quiet.

Never. It's important to share what you think and feel about the tools
you use. Developers need and want that feedback. Thank you for doing so!

Take care.
--joanie