Re: Trying to build orca & caribou

On 25 April 2011 01:23, Kenny Hitt <kenny hittsjunk net> wrote:
> Hi.  In your original message, you didn't say if you had used build-dep to make
> sure all orca dependencys were installed.
> You might try running something like
> sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
>
> My guess is you are missing a dev package for at-spi, but this is just a guess.
>
>          Kenny

Good idea. That installed liblouis-dev, python-gtk2-dev,
python-gtk2-doc, and python-pyorbit-dev, but that did not fix my
problem. I checked Synaptic for any relevant at-spi or atspi packages
but didn't see any additional ones.

I did try 'import pyatspi' in python and got an error "no module named
pyatspi_dbus". I realized that gconf's
/desktop/gnome/interface/at-spi-corba needed to be true and
at-spi-dbus needed to be false. So import pyatspi works.

Compiling orca still gets stuck at the same point.

jhbuild run caribou gets:

  File "/home/jeremy/gnome-a11y/install/bin/caribou", line 30, in <module>
    import pyatspi
  File "/home/jeremy/gnome-a11y/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pyatspi/__init__.py",
line 30, in <module>
    import pyatspi_corba
ImportError: No module named pyatspi_corba

And I can't import pyatspi_corba

If I instead do /home/jeremy/gnome-a11y/install/bin/caribou

GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.caribou' is not installed

aborting...
Aborted

Jeremy