Re: Trying to build orca & caribou

Jeremy Bicha <jeremy bicha net> wrote:

> I have python-pyatspi2 installed; there is also python-pyatspi
> available in the repositories but that's probably too old, right?

No, unless you are trying to use the new AT-SPI 2 that uses DBus rather than
Corba as its inter-process communication mechanism. This is still new and
undergoing testing; I would suggest removing ATSPI 2 and using the older ATSPI
instead, including python-pyatspi, unless testing AT-SPI 2 is part of your
immediate plan.

Note that AT-SPI 2 is required for Gnome 3, as is the Gnome 3 branch of Orca
from Git.