Re: Accessibility track in FOSDEM?

El jue, 14-10-2010 a las 10:31 -0400, Bryen M Yunashko escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> Sorry I haven't responded earlier...

Hi Bryen,

Thanks a lot for the clarifications. Very useful indeed, at least for
me, since I'm usually very absentminded, and was not 100% sure about
whether the message I was transmitting was the right one or not :-)

> You should submit your talks directly, however, if you feel unsure about
> anything I will be seeing him Sunday night and will discuss and ensure
> we have our a11y track in place.
>
> No, we are not limited to 3, only that 3 is the minimum to create the
> track.

Great! Just submitted my talk some minutes ago, with the title
"Accessibility in WebKitGTK+: why does it matter?".

Let's see what happens now...

> Yes, even if it is not GNOME A11y it should still be submitted.  We need
> to emphasize that a11y is global, not just us.  We'll let them realize
> at FOSDEM that a11y is indeed important, but at the same time realize
> that we.. GNOME A11y are the coolest accessibility team on the
> planet!  :)

Agree on this, which is one of the reasons why I like FOSDEM so much
(diversity), so I'd love to see other non-GNOME only a11y talks there.

> Glad you guys are so keen on this subject and looking forward to seeing
> what transpires.  Wish I could make it to Belgium just to root for you
> guys!

Thanks to you for proposing the initial idea. I can't guarantee anything
from my side, but promising to do it my best.

Thanks,
Mario