Re: Arabic Screen Reader

On 22 Nov, Barakat El-Dareer <totaspeech gmail com> wrote:
> For Braille I think is working , but it's speech numbers instated of
> Arabic letters pronunciation  .

What text-to-speech synthesizer are you using?  have you installed an
Arabic text-to-speech synthesizer?

The default synthesizer in Ubuntu is "eSpeak", which does not include
an Arabic voice.  It will need an Arabic speaker to make an Arabic
voice for eSpeak.  I think that will be difficult because of the
problem that the short vowel sounds are not indicated in the written
text.