Re: Arabic Screen Reader
- From: Samuel Thibault <samuel thibault ens-lyon org>
- To: Barakat El-Dareer <totaspeech gmail com>
- Cc: Ubuntu-accessibility lists ubuntu com, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Arabic Screen Reader
- Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:47:15 +0100
Barakat El-Dareer, le Fri 19 Nov 2010 12:57:43 +0300, a écrit :
> I'm so wonder if your team work on Arabic language support for Orca ,
> especially there are a lot of theme on Windows Hal, NVDA , Jaws and so on,
> that makes 1/6 of blindness people around the word out of Ubuntu.
Well, it should already be working: just select the arabic table in
the brltty preference menu, or use the arabic contraction table in
orca itself, and it should be working. It however seems like at-spi is
reporting digested arabic letters, i.e. not just use the U+06xy unicode
plane, but the U+FExy plane instead.
In any case, it's more a bug than a missing feature: arabic tables are
there already (and NVDA actually just uses the same table).
] [Thread Prev