Re: Help Wanted for GUADEC

Hi all,

I hope we can keep this thread for the purpose of the pre-conference. I know it's ever tempting to start a technical discussion about GNOME features etc. but I'd like to keep this thread for the purpose of the Pre-conference ok?

Thank you,
Sanne

Matteo Vescovi schreef:

4. Improvements to Caribou which are not only switch access but also addition of text prediction techniques for Spanish. It has been contracted to WARP.

Hi,

I would like to humbly suggest the use of presage as a predictive text engine to add text prediction functionality to caribou.

Presage is an intelligent predictive text entry system. Presage generates predictions by modelling natural language as a combination of redundant information sources. Presage computes probabilities for words which are most likely to be entered next by merging predictions generated by the different predictive algorithms.

Presage is:
- intelligent (multiple language models/predictive algorithms, remembers context, expands abbreviations)
- fast
- adaptable (learns while predicting, can be trained)
- multilingual
- cross-platform (Linux, Windows, MacOS X, Solaris, Maemo, etc.)
- free software (GPL)
- extensible
- configurable

To see presage in action, check out this short demo of gprompter, a predictive text editor powered by presage:
http://www.vimeo.com/11355097

The pyprompter and pypresagemate applications included in the presage distribution tarball provide examples on how to use presage python binding.

For more information, please visit http://presage.sourceforge.net

Cheers,
- Matteo Vescovi