Re: Help Wanted for GUADEC

Hello everybody,

I'm Mario Camara, manager of the e-Accessibility project at Consorcio Fernando de los Rios, which is a public organization stemed from Junta de Andalucia.

Currently, we are funding the following projects which are related to GNOME in a direct way:

1. Improvements to ORCA and the creation of a profile which mimics JAWS. In this project ONCE is an active collaborator. It is carried out by EMERGYA.
2. Improvements to OCRFeeder. Again, ONCE is collaborating and EMERGYA is in charge of the development.
3. Improvements to EVINCE. Once more, ONCE is collaborating but in this case the tasks were assigned to Yaco.
4. Improvements to Caribou which are not only switch access but also addition of text prediction techniques for Spanish. It has been contracted to WARP.
5. The creation of a text-to-Braille transcript tool for Spanish Braille 1. It will be done by Onirica.
6. Improvements to EVIACAM, a head-based mouse controller. This will be done by the creator of EVIACAM.

Info for the first 3 projects was put here by Juanjo Marin http://live.gnome.org/Guadalinfo_accesible.

About our participation in the pre-conference event, we are definitely interested in taking part in it, but due to our internal bureaucratic procedures I can't give you any answer about who, what or when yet. I'll be back when this topic will be clearer in our parent organization.

Best regards.

Mario Camara.