Re: 2010/06/24 6:00 UTC a11y weekly meeting

Hi won't be able to attend tomorrow meeting either :(

So here are my points from the agenda:

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Joanmarie Diggs
<joanmarie diggs gmail com> wrote:
> AEGIS conference
> * Any news about CENATIC funding? Has Fernando Herrera talked with
>  José María Casanova?

Yes, I prepared the draft and submitted to Jose María Casanova who
filled the GNOME Hispano data. He sent it today to GNOME Hispano
president (the one who has to sign the application) and the president
will submit it tomorrow before the deadline.

> GNOME 3.0 items status
> * gnome-mag: Have we contacted Carlos García Campos about gnome-mag?

Yes, I contacted Carlos García (Kal) and he will be looking this week
at the gnome-mag code to remove the bonobo code, finish the dbus API
and ensure that it matches the gs-mag API consumed by orca.

> * GnomeVoiceControl uses CSPI, should we include voice control in the
>  GNOME 3.0 item list?

Consorcio Fernando de los Rio was interested on this and they had a
project bid for it that includes:
- Creating a Language model and an acoustic model for Spanish language
for Julius SR Engine.
- Improve GnomeVoiceControl.

We (Onírica) didn't apply to this bid because we didn't have enough
expertise about Julius. INTELLIGENT DIALOGUE SYSTEMS S.L. got the
contract and they areworking on it. I don't know if they have plans to
port GnomeVoiceControl to python. It should not be hard, and we could
try to contact them.

Also, I would like to add that I'm working in libgail-gnome for GNOME
3, that is: removing bonobo controls and ensuring that the Atk
implementation of PanelApplet objects works fine with the new dbus
based gnome-applets branch.

I think that is all from my side. Thanks!

Salu2