Re: FW: Vinux 3.0 Released!

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 20:52 -0400, Bill Cox wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Bryen M. Yunashko <suserocks bryen com> wrote:
> > I guess the next question for all of us is, do we have a compiled list
> > somewhere of A!!Y-oriented distros?
>
> No, but that would be very cool.  I know there's Knoppix Adriane,
> Vinux, Belin, and now Linux Acessível 10.04.  There are also efforts
> on the speech-recognition front, primarily around using Naturally
> Speaking to Drive Emacs, but there are also effort to port NS to Wine.
>  Can we start with this list, and flesh it out?
>
> Bill

I don't see why not.  As long as they're GNOME-based or at least come
with the GNOME Desktop Environment, I see no reason not to create a page
under http://live.gnome.org/Accessibility listing these distros.  You
and Tony have both demonstrated the value of these spinoffs as upstream
contributions to a11y.

And while I still philosophically believe that ultimately we should not
have to need such spinoffs, your efforts currently show that there is
value and help pave the way to the true philosophy of a11y.

Bryen M Yunashko
GNOME-A11y Outreach