Re: FW: Vinux 3.0 Released!

Hi, Bryen.  You're question is a good one.  The answer is simple: We
need Vinux because it enables us to increase the rate of improvement
of accessibility in all the major Linux distros.

We're making real progress with Vinux, and we're feeding our
improvements as rapidly upstream as they will take them.  For example,
if you have a reasonably new Firefox (say 3.6 or newer), chances are
it's accessibility is fairly poor.  We've fixed the worst bug over in
Vinux land, and a patch is waiting for review at Mozilla.  In the
meantime, Vinux users have had the patch for a month, and we've moved
onto tracking down the next bug.  We've also made cell_renderer_pixbuf
more accessible, and vinux testers can actually use Synaptic.

Having a critical mass of visually impaired developers working
together can enable us to fix today's problems, with time left over to
make improvements.  We don't have to wait for upstream release cycles
to move forward.  It's all about rapid progress.  Accessibility comes
first, and we don't accept excuses for slowing down.

Bill