Re: help with data on webkit accessibility

Hi.
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 07:47:52PM +0200, Xan Lopez wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Kenny Hitt <kenny hittsjunk net> wrote:
> > Hi.
> > After the recent discussion on this list, I filed a bug in Debian to try to
> > ask them to not use webkit for yelp.
> > The Debian maintainer replyed and told me he thought the accessibility issues
> > were resolved.  A quick sirch for webkit on bugzilla.gnome.org didn't
> > find any bugs.  I'm sure I didn't
> > use the right search terms.
> > Would someone who knows please provide me with links to bug reports or post
> > comments to:
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D571121
> >
> > The Debian maintainer said the gecko backend wasn't currently in a buildable
> > state and gave me the impression webkit is likely to stay the default unless
> > I can convince him differently.
>
> It would be interesting to know which bugs exactly are preventing you
> from actually using yelp/webkit. There's always going to be bugs in
> our a11y code because there's always bugs in any non-trivial body of
> code, so that's not a good metric of whether you should be using
> something or not. Are all the Orca blocker bugs in webkit issues that
> absolutely must be fixed in order for yelp to be useful? Some? Which
> ones? Etc.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Xan

Hopefully, one of the Orca developers can answer you.  All I know at this
point, is I get no speech when I start help.  Flat review sees nothing.
I can get the window title when I switch around with alt-tab, and I can
close the help window with control-w, but that's it.

          Kenny