GTK and accessibility

Hello,

I'm trying to launch an LDTP script from a gtk application written in python
using subprocess standard module in Ubuntu Karmic.

I've read that there are some problems with accessibility when threads are being
used. However, my understanding is that I shouldn't have any problem if a launch
a new process. Is that correct?

According to my experience launching exactly the same command from a console, or
from a text based application works, but from a gtk application doesn't. Any
advice would appreciated. Thanks.

Best regards,
    Javier