Re: MIDI Sequencer

The competitive equivalent for Windows' Sonar/Cakewalk, Macintosh Digit
Design, etc., is Ardour, not Audacity:

http://ardour.org

While ardour2 uses gtk2 to some degree, and while they've provided
extensive keyboard shortcuts, they have unfortunately also crafted
numerous custom widgets in their software.

The news for midi is even worse. There is nothing other han a few simple
console tools. The applications that sighted musicians and composers are
using, Muse and/or PD, are written in older versions of QT--and even at
that also rely on custom widgets.

Frankly, it's a very sad state of affairs.

Janina

PS: For Linux music/sound apps, pages, and lists start with:

http://linux-sound.org