Re: MIDI Sequencer

Chris,

First, I think we may be posting in the wrong mailing list.  This is
the gnome-accessibility-list, and even though I'm brand new to this
mailing list, I suspect the list has more focus on the kind of
accessibility described at

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessibility

There are a *lot* of Gnome mailing lists, perhaps some kind person on
this one could direct us to one that would be a better fit to our inquiry.

I say "our inquiry", because I don't have an *answer* for you--being
very much in the same boat. (^_^)

Recently, I switched over from Windows 2000 to Ubuntu.  Under Windows I
was using Anvil Studio.  Now, I'm trying to find a good MIDI editor,
MIDI sequencer, MIDI player, MIDI whatever, to use in
Ubuntu--specifically the Gnome desktop of Ubuntu.

There are lots of discussions about MIDI and other sound systems on the
Ubuntu forums:

  Ubuntu Forums > The Ubuntu Forum Community  > Main Support Categories
 > General Help
  Music Composition in Linux?
  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=376531&highlight=midi

  Ubuntu Forums > The Ubuntu Forum Community  > Main Support Categories
 > General Help
  Rosegarden: MIDI Playback
  http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=371356&highlight=midi

But everything I've tracked down so far looks like either KDE only, or
else refers to Timidity--which, so far as I know, is a
command-line-only player-only.

Since this is at least a Gnome list, could anybody out there point us
in the right direction to find out about a *GNOME* MIDI sequencer?  Please?

-- Thomas A. McCloud