Re: Name of Accessible (Not the Label Name)

Missed out sending it to the list.

On 4/30/07, Udayan Singh <udayan singh gmail com> wrote:
Hi Bill,

On 4/24/07, Bill Haneman <gnome billhaneman ie> wrote:
> Hi Udayan and Evan;
>
> In the case you mention below, the assistive technology should check for
> the presence of the Accessibility_Text interface.  In most cases (i.e.
> other than text entry fields, for instance), the assistive technology
> should expose the contents of the Text interface to the end-user, not
> the 'name' property.  This would solve your problem/issue.

The HTML snippet that is mentioned below is for Text entry.. So it
really doesnt solve my problem. Why do you say so ?

> I agree that widget accessible-name properties should be end-user-usable
> as well.

I understand that you also agree that the "name" is not exposed. So
would you agree that its presently a limitation ? I also gave an
example for a table, where I am facing the same issue ..

regards,
Udayan