Re: Firefox 3 Crash Problem

Hi Janina, we just fixed a crash with Orca, combo boxes and the submit button that sounds exactly like this.

Will you try again with a new nightly build dated 4/19 or later?

- Aaron

Aaron Leventhal
IBM web accessibility architect
Voice: 781-583-4083
Tie line: 364-5945
http://www.mozilla.org/access

Janina Sajka <janina rednote net>

04/05/2007 04:26 PM

Orca screen reader developers <orca-list gnome org>, Linux Screen Reader <lsr-list gnome org>, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
cc
Paul Rocco <paul CapitalAccessibility Com>
Subject
Firefox 3 Crash Problem

I've just confirmed consistent crash behavior on FF3 with Orca or LSR
which doesn't happen when I run the same FF3 without screen reading.
I've further confirmed this on two sites, hilton.com and united.com.
I'll provide my steps vis a vis looking for flights on United Airlines:

*                 Go to united.com and tab to the form fields for flight searches.

*                 Enter IAD and OSL in the From: and To: fields -- any airport
*                 codes will do, actually.

*                 Tab to the drop downs for selecting month and day for departure
*                 and return. Pick reasonable dates, in my case April 20 and April
*                 28 respectively.

*                 Tab to the Submit button. Everything else is at defaults.

With Orca or LSR loaded and speaking, Minefield will crash when Submit
is actuated. Intriguingly, restarting Minefield and selecting "Restore
previous session" will display the search results as if Minefiled had
not crashed.

If Orca or LSR are not running, there is no crash--the search results
display as one would expect. Please note that I have not set
gnome-accessibility false when testing without screen readers. That
variable is still set "true."

PS: I'm using ibmtts, if that helps.

Janina

--

Janina Sajka,                 Phone:                 +1.202.595.7777;                 sip:janina a11y org
Partner, Capital Accessibility LLC                 http://CapitalAccessibility.Com

Chair, Open Accessibility                 janina a11y org
Linux Foundation                                  http://a11y.org