Re: Cepstral voices.

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Mike Pedersen wrote:

The theta voices are currently supported but the swift are not.  If you
have any experience doing drivers and wanted to do a swift driver I
suspect that Will Walker who is the maintainer of gnome-speech might
review it for inclusion.

Coincidentally I emailed Wil just yesterday on this very topic. I've been using Cepstral Swift voices via Festival under Linux but feel that a native Swift driver would be a much better solution.

I'm going to look at writing a Swift driver for Gnome-speech but obviously don't want to duplicate effort - so if anyone else is doing such a thing please holler. :)

In case it's of use to the original poster , Cepstral have a Perl script on their website that makes Swift voices available under Festival. I find the end result somewhat sluggish but since I'm doing it all under VMware wouldn't want to try and generalize my experiences to all cases.

Regards,
Garry