Re: trouble getting Gnopernicus to talk

Hi.

I am the Usability Lab Manager at the Novell office in Cambridge.  I
am really excited about my job right now because we are going to do
some usability testing of accessibility software.  If you're not
familiar with some of the user testing that we've done in the past,
check out:

http://www.betterdesktop.org/wiki/index.php?title=Data

I think this is going to be a great opportunity to get feedback to the
community about where the accessibility technologies need work so that
they can reach an even broader audience.  First, however I need to get
both software and hardware ATs working.  Right now, I'm suck on
getting Gnopernicus to talk.  I have been able to get Gnopernicus's
screen magnifier to work.  However, when I try to use the speech
function it will say 'Welcome to Gnopernicus' but nothing else.

I feel that my problem might just be that I don't understand how to
tell Gnopernicus what I want it to read.  I should also note that if I
go into the 'Speech Preferences' window and then 'Voices' window, and
I click on 'Test' I cannot hear those voices.  So, I may have a set-up
problem instead of just not being able to understand how to correctly
use the program.

I would appreciate any advice on how to get Gnopernicus to talk to me.

Brette