Re: installing edgy

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 09:44:25AM EST, Thomas Ward wrote:
> hank smith wrote:
> > can you also enclude espeak? I think that is the name of the tts engine
>
> I've never heard of it. Is it free or commercial, and is it supported by
> gnome-speech?

Espeak is completely free, and under active development. It is not
supported by gnome-speech, but has some support with recent versions of
speech-dispatcher.

It is in the Ubuntu edgy universe repository, or you can download the
source at http://espeak.sourceforge.net.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE