Re: installing edgy

Thomas Ward wrote:

Yes and no. Before you can run orca setup and use the Dectalk you will have to recompile gnome-speech from source in order to get the Dectalk software driver. Ubuntu do to some license issue can not include a Dectalk Software driver for gnome-speech on the live cd and install. So you need to compile it from source first. What I did to solve this issue is get orca setup for festival, used orca to recompile gnome-speech, and then reconfigured orca for dectalk.

Thomas, is this something we could place in multiverse (our non-free repository) so that people don't have to compile it? And would you be willing to maintain it? ;)

Henrik