Re: installing edgy

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 08:21:08AM EST, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Thomas, is this something we could place in multiverse (our non-free
> repository) so that people don't have to compile it? And would you be
> willing to maintain it? ;)

Unfortunately, it is not that easy. The Dectalk software has to be
present when GNOME speech is built, and you can only buy the DECtalk
software to use, which basically means that it wouldn't be buildable on
the Ubuntu build machines.

I have been thinking about this for a long time now, and haven't come up
with a viable solution to solve around this problem.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE