RE: Live CD of Ubuntu 6.10, Orca and Brltty

Hi Petra.

I just followed your instructions with an Alva Braille Terminal running as a
USB device via serial to USB adapter.  Your step 4 is "open the terminal".
I wasn't sure if you meant got into the virtual console with Control Alt F1
or launched gnome-terminal, so I tried both ways.  The former works; the
latter produces the results you describe.  This is with the current (as of
this afternoon) Live CD.

Hope this helps!
Joanie