Re: Orca on laptops.
- From: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM>
- To: Willie Walker <William Walker Sun COM>
- Cc: 'Ubuntu Accessibility Mailing List' <ubuntu-accessibility lists ubuntu com>, 'Gnome Accessibility List' <gnome-accessibility-list gnome org>, 'Orca screen reader developers' <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Orca on laptops.
- Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 17:06:46 +0000
Thanks Will. That clarifies things somewhat - we're using the term
"modifier key" differently. Maybe I'll contact you offlist for info on
the internal details.
So does that basically mean this whole discussion of orca on laptops is
moot, or at least addressed fully via orca.settings.orcaModifierKeys
(possibly with a UI for changing it easily) ?
Willie Walker wrote:
I don't think there's a need to map an existing X modifier to the Orca
modifier. Orca invents its own modifier internally and allows any key
to act as the Orca modifier. That's why Insert and KP_Insert can act as
the Orca modifier key. As such, I'm not sure "which modifier" is an
important discussion to have.
] [Thread Prev