Re: Accessability Interfaces

Well I was really making a fairly general question ignoring the layers and agree it depends on the language or libraries you use. My question was not so much the mechanics but more what you are conceptually doing. Perhaps it is rather fuzzy distinction. It's all useful info thanks David.

My main experience is with the windows equivs of MSAA and COM. Using C you can do it the painful way of rolling all your own low level client code, you can use general classes and libraries, you can use #imports that creates classes for you from the IDL. In Python for general com you use Mark Hammond's wonderful code that creates python classes from the IDL (though event sinks are a little fidely).

From what I've seen ATK provides an abstract API devoid of CORBA details and perhaps even a little different from AT-SPI. Rather like the Python COM classes, or a library built on top of them.

Steve