overlapping speech output with the gnome-speech speech-dispatcher driver

Hi.

The overlapping speech problem you are seeing with espeak is a result of
using aplay for output.  I get the same effect with DEctalk and the dtk
generic module when I changed it to use aplay for output.
I currently use the gnome-speech driver and dtk-generic output module
instead of the direct DEctalk driver because it is a more stable
solution.
For some reason, the direct DECtalk gnome-speech driver is allowing
brackets to get to the tts engine.  This results in a crashing DECtalk.
It would be a good idea to have the gnome-speech driver replace the [
with "bracket and ] with "right bracket".
I don't have a patch at this time, but I do have a file that will show
the problem.

          Kenny