Re: accessebility suggestion for Ubuntu 6.06 LiveCD

hello Bill Haneman,

Bill Haneman wrote:

>I'd be interested to know what your primary complaints with gnopernicus
>magnification are.  It is possible to configure a system for fullscreen
>magnification using gnopernicus, and although the results aren't as
>"snappy" for mouse use as some commercial Windows magnifiers, it is
>basically functional and follows both mouse and keyboard focus (at least
>when properly configured).

I am using the LiveCD of Ubuntu 6.06, because I'm new to Linux.
That means I don't know much about configure Linux or even Gnome or
Gnopernicus.

If I start Ubuntu with the accessibility option 'Moderate visual
impairment' Gnopernicus comes up with a small rectangle magnified
window. Gnopernicus doesn't follow the mouse nor the keyboard focus at
this moment. So that it very difficult to work with it.

Another Problem is, if you use the Gnopernicus the way I described. You
can't access the main menu of Gnopernicus because it is behind the
magnified window and I was not able to see anything in this window
except the background of the desktop. That mean the whole window was
brown.

If you explain to me how to configure Gnopernicus and or Ubuntu for
full screen magnifire I will try it.

Petra

Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Best regarts

Petra Ritter

Zugang für alle
Schweizerische Stiftung zur behindertengerechten Technologienutzung
Grubenstrasse 12
8045 Zürich
Tel. +41 (0)44 383 44 16
Fax +41 (0)44 383 44 92