Re: accessebility suggestion for Ubuntu 6.06 LiveCD

Hi Petra:

In the most recent versions of Gnome, assistive technology support is on
by default.  The access keys idea is a reasonable one, and I think it
would greatly improve the Ubuntu accessibility experience for screen
reader and onscreen keyboard users.  We have something similar in the
gdm login screen (though it requires configuring when the system is
first set up), which allows certain "gestures" to start assistive
technologies.

I'd be interested to know what your primary complaints with gnopernicus
magnification are.  It is possible to configure a system for fullscreen
magnification using gnopernicus, and although the results aren't as
"snappy" for mouse use as some commercial Windows magnifiers, it is
basically functional and follows both mouse and keyboard focus (at least
when properly configured).

Bill